Article 1 and Responsibility 1
"Citizens have the right to ask from the authorities to monitor
activities concerning ecological reservations."
"The authorities have the responsibility to monitor activities causing
harm to the environment."
* People must be able to ask the authorities about aspects concerning
* Encourage media coverage
* Authorities need to be available for the people when they have
concerns about the ecological reservations
* Every 2-3 months a survey should be published regarding citizens concerns
over ecological preserves
"Citizens have the right to participate in political decisions regarding
* Get the public involved and to avoid politically
arbitrary decision making of environmental issues concerning
* The public can contact appropriate authorities to express their views
* The authorities should set up programmes where people can express
their views and ideas.
* Everytime that politicians and businessmen want to vote about
environmental issues they would have to present the pros and cons of
* An annual report summarizing letters from the general public
* Monitor the number of people at the meetings, more publicity if needed
* Get specialists to analyze and give reports to the public
Article 3 and Responsibility 5:
" The environment has the right to be preserved, especially in areas
danger of deforestation."
"The government has the responsibility of preserving forest areas which
are in danger of deforestation.":
* Set aside land for reservations and parks
* Authorities should promote "peace gardens" and encourage tree planting
* Authorities and private companies work together to provide benefits to
people/companies who helped the environment. For example, tax incentives
* Organization to manage all reservations
* Monitor and issue reports on "peace gardens"
"Citizens have the right to be informed about their environment and
their territorial limitations."
* Educate people about the environment and make educational booklets,
flyers, etc. available to the general public
* A group of "scientists / environmentalists" who can report valid
information to people and keep people up to date. This program
should be open to students who want to participate.
* Conduct and evaluate surveys
Article 5 and Responsibility 2:
"Citizens have the right to participate in educational programmes
regarding the environment to gain knowledge about improving the land
around them and ways to use the land without destroying it."
"The government has the responsibility to promote educational programmes
about the environment that give the public a better understanding of the
area that they live in."
* Enable people to gain knowledge about what's happening around them
to educate people to live in harmony with the environment.
* Require Environmental Education courses so ALL students can learn,
understand, and resolve environmental problems
* Evaluate student work
"The government has the right to interfere in any type of activities
causing harm to the environment."
"The government has the responsibility of controlling the sale of
chemical substances and products which may cause damage tothe
* The government should monitor activities and prevent the sale
of chemicals and other dangerous products causing harm to the
* The government needs to employ people to monitor and prevent the use
* The government should prohibit the use of harmful chemicals (ie. DDT.)
* Government should regulate the transportation, production and use of
* Scientists can perform tests/studies annually or at other intervals
check if there are any harmful chemicals and whether or not chemical
regulations are being enforced.
* Scientists need to perform and monitor tests on animals to see if they
are being exposed to harmful chemicals
"All the citizens have the responsibility to respect all preserved
* To have people understand the value of resources and preserved areas
* Trash cans and recycle bins need to be provided
* Park rangers to be on duty at all times and monitor park territory
* Fines given for not respective preserved areas (strict, heavy fines!!)
* If litter continues, make fines steeper so people will stop.
"The government has the responsibility to provide citizens with a
way to maintain the environment to keep the physical and social
* To keep physical and social integration by using sustainable methods
* Sustainable logging in different areas
* Make sustainable products available for the consumers
* Check the size of forests, if they are becoming smaller we should
more sustainable methods.
* Make sure sustainable products are made available to consumers